approx 100 assorted computer/ math/other books

Arthur J. O'Dwyer ajo at nospam.andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 23 16:42:47 EDT 2003

[snipped c.l.s crosspost]

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Thomas Stegen wrote:

> Top posting is never good. Just delete all the text in
> the previous post if you do not have the need to include
> some more specific context.

And if you do not feel the need to include any specific
context in your post, consider starting a new thread.

DO NOT DO THIS:

     [Subject: Re: Eve's methods]

     Alice wrote on Thursday, January 2, 2003, at 10:30:54.2,
     in message <Alice48$si83 at foobar.net>, while birds sang
     overhead and various creatures frolicked in the treetops:

     > Your methods are flawed.
     >
     > -Alice
     > --
     > Share and enjoy.

     I like cheese.

     -Bob

DON'T EVEN DO THIS, ALTHOUGH IT'S BETTER:

     I like cheese.

     -Bob

JUST DO THIS:

     [Subject: I like cheese!]

     I like cheese.

     -Bob

Oh, and another thing.  Don't crosspost to five different
groups.  That's just ridiculous.  (And yes, I know in this
case it's due to a spammer.  But just in general, don't.)

-Arthur