Propert handler question

Stephen Horne steve at ninereeds.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 20:46:41 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:52:28 GMT, user at domain.invalid wrote:

>Is there a way, from within a getter/setter method
>linked to a propert, that I can tell which property
>triggered the method?
>
>This would be great, because I need a great number
>of these properties, each having only slightly different
>actions, which could be triggered correctly if
>I knew the name of the property that was being accessed.

I don't think so, though I could be wrong.

I'd write one main getter/setter function with an extra parameter for
the property name, then add a whole bunch of noddy getter/setter
functions that provide that extra parameter. Or perhaps a number of
extra parameters - flags to control specific parts of the handlers -
would work better.

--
Steve Horne