Python vs Visual Basic

Orange Free orangefree89 at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 17 19:52:34 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.65.1066064125.2192.python-list at python.org>, Robert
Brewer wrote:

> So I might recommend doing it all in VBA within Word. I hear that
> overwrought, overdesigned, over-featured mass has some sort of Forms
> functionality.

It does, and it is all very clunky.  Simply creating linked fields to
automate updates to names that occur several times through a document
causes my disk to thrash!

Nevertheless, I will probably take your advice.  I've attempted
similar tasks using LaTeX and Python, BTW, and I found it pretty easy
to do what I wanted.  What is more, LaTeX output looks better than its
Word equivalent.  But I need documents that my secretaries can work
with after the documents have been generated by my Python script, and
LaTeX source would just fry their brains.  So I'm stuck with Word.

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

--
John