Getting qtext module for PyQT on windows

Srinath Avadhanula srinathava_news at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 20:49:58 EDT 2003

Hello,

I wanted to take a look at the qtext module which has been advertised on
the PyQT overview page, but am unable to get it. How am I supposed to do
this?

I installed Python v2.3 from www.python.org (using the self-installing
executable), QT non-commercial edition 2.3.0 and then PyQT
non-commercial edition 3.8.0 using the self-installing executable
PyQT-win-nc-3.8.exe from riverbankcomputing.co.uk.

With this setup, I can do something like

>>> from qt import *

and this works fine. But

>>> import qt
>>> import qt.text
>>> import qtext

all give an ImportError. What additional steps should I take to get PyQT
with the qtext module?

Thanks,
Regards,
Srinath