py2exe, 2.3 and services (raising flag again)

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Wed Oct 1 16:15:36 EDT 2003

I wrote:

> There's a new py2exe version in the works, it is in the CVS sandbox
> subdirectory.  If you want it, I can mail you a binary for testing.

Instead of mailing it to several persons showing interest in it, I've
uploaded a binary here:

<http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe-0.5.0a1.win32-py2.3.exe>

Still work in progress (no support for Tkinter, for example), but works
for me and the included samples.

Documentation missing. A pity, because a lot has changed.
But help("py2exe") on the Python prompt shows something.

And Mark Hammond (who wrote quite some code for this, many thanks to
him) has a setup script for the SpamBayes Outlook plugin binaries in the
SpamBayes project CVS, which may give additional hints how to use this
py2exe.

Thomas