Could a single web framework popularize Python?

Dave Harrison dave at nullcube.com
Mon Oct 6 23:07:45 EDT 2003

> Because everyone has made their own, and no one can agree on what a
> dominant web framework might be.  Zope *was* that framework, with
> dominant mindshare, but it didn't keep other people from making other
> frameworks.
>
> There's already a ton of frameworks, but I think I saw two brand new
> ones on PyPI this last week.  Crazy.

hehehe.... my opinion is that development in python is fun, I doubt any
on this list would really disagree with me on that point ;-)

which ultimately means people are much more likely to say, "oh we need a
system that does X, sure, we can write that ourselves !" while chuckling
and rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect ;-)

so we end up with a huge range of tools for the same kinds of things.

vive la python !! ;-) *laughs*