inner classes in python as inner classes in Java

Carlo v. Dango oest at soetu.eu
Thu Oct 16 03:48:52 EDT 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:20:44 GMT, Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> __setattr__ will have no changes of knowing when to create the field or
>> look it up in the outer scope... this suxx man... I never understood the
>> smart thing about that feature in python.. anyone care to enlighten me?
>
> If you can't see that it's simpler to let
>
>    target = value
>
> have the same semantics whether target was already bound to something
> or not, it's hard to see what will convince you.

I can't... mispelling occours and leed to stupid bugs rather than compile
errors which are simple to check. Even smalltalk has this feature..

> its still hard to say what benefits you'll be getting, of course, but
> there
> may be some cunning plan behind it all.

aaaah come on :) you really cannot see the nice things of having a scope
for inner class instances?? It's like inner method.. atleast they share
scope with their outer method... if it didn't it would render inner
methods almost useless..

class A(object):
	def foo(self):
		i = 3