Why don't people like lisp?

Paul Rubin http
Wed Oct 22 00:48:01 EDT 2003

"Andrew Dalke" <adalke at mindspring.com> writes:
> As an example, here's a quick hack of a way to parse a simple
> stack-based language and make a native Python function out
> of it.  I am the first to admit that it's ugly code, but it does work.
>
> I am curious to see the equivalent code in Lisp.  Here's the spec

You could of course do something similar in Lisp, but normally you'd
just use S-expressions instead of concocting your own weird syntax
every time you want to build a small language into something.  Then
you just use the regular Lisp "read" function and the S-expressions
get parsed automatically for you.  Your whole parser becomes just one
line of code.