Reading Until EOF

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Tue Oct 21 19:44:28 EDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:10:08 GMT, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> But it *is* exceptional behavior for the file read to fail.  The
> normal behavior is for the call to succeed, right?

No, it is a normal result for the call to succeed, and it is a normal
result for end of file to be reached.  The existence of one normal
result does not make all others exceptional.

--
 \         "I think it would be a good idea."  -- Mahatma Gandhi (when |
  `\                    asked what he thought of Western civilization) |