Mac OS X 10.3 - Quartz Python Scripting

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Oct 9 06:27:22 EDT 2003

Kevin Smith <Kevin.Smith at sas.com> writes:

> I saw this tidbit in the summary of new features of the next version of
> OS X.  Does anyone know exactly what this means?
>
> Quartz Python Scripting ? Access the full power of the Quartz PDF engine
> from the Python scripting language.
>
> http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/quartz/

No, and I doubt we'll find out what it really means until Panther is
out and NDAs expire.  One consequence is that 10.3 will ship with a
less messed up Python build than 10.2, so it should be possible to
ship non-trivial Python applications to Panther users without having
to include Python (i.e. you can just use the --semi-standalone option
to buildbuilder).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  If comp.lang.lisp *is* what vendors are relying on to make or
  break Lisp sales, that's more likely the problem than is the