py2exe & pyxml

Mike Thompson nonebye-mail
Tue Oct 14 20:24:45 EDT 2003

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote in message
news:m3k77edoyj.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de...
> hwlgw at hotmail.com (Will Stuyvesant) writes:
>
> > > [martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Löwis)]
> > > You have to explicitly ask py2exe to include pyexpat in the
> > > executable. RTFM.
> >
> > *If* you are going to say RTFM you'd better make sure it *is* in the
> > manual.  Otherwise you'd better s-h-a-d-d-u-p.
>
> See http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/,
> in "Flags to include or exclude modules or packages:"

But, Martin, there's absolutely no mention of 'expat' in this entire document,
much less that section. So, how on earth was the advice 'RTFM' to help?

In the end, I was able to find an answer by stepping through code with a
debugger to find the module which wasn't being included. THAT
('xml.sax.drivers2.drv_pyexpat') was the unknown. THAT was the information
sort, by the original poster, I'm sure. If it wasn't then they needed a lot
more hand-holding than you're terse abuse.

In any case, I'll see if I can get this added to the pyexe documentation,
because I'd imagine this must be a recurring problem ... surely? Oddly I could
find absolutely nothing on this subject, apart from this lone thread, when I
originally googled around for an answer.

--
Mike