Tkinter, tkFileDialog, and checkbuttons

Frank Chen jsfrank.chen at msa.hinet.net
Sun Oct 5 04:30:49 EDT 2003

Hi:

The attahced file is an example that confuses me.
When executing test.py and then click [File] menu,
you can see the menu constitutes 'New Window',
'Open File', and an activated checkbutton, 'Show toolbar'.

Now please select 'New Window', which will cause App class
to generate a child root derived from Tk(). The status of the
 checkbuttons becomes unselected.

And if you select 'Open File' of child root window, the main root
Tk() will be popped  up to the layer above child root.

It will be grateful if someone can tell me how to cope with this.

--Frank