Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 9 08:42:06 EDT 2003

Kenny Tilton wrote:

> Andrew Dalke wrote:
>

>> What I said was that Python is *not* an application of
>> Greespun's Tenth Rule of programming because 1) it isn't
>> bug-ridden, and 2) because Python explores ideas which
>> which had no influence on Lisp's development -- user
>> studies of non-professional programmers.

Speaking of non-pros:

"Lisp is easy to learn

Lisp's syntax is simple, compact and spare. Only a handful of “rules”
are needed. This is why Lisp is sometimes taught as the first
programming language in university-level computer science courses. For
the composer it means that useful work can begin almost immediately,
before the composer understands much about the underlying mechanics of
Lisp or the art of programming in general. In Lisp one learns by doing
and experimenting, just as in music composition. "

From: http://pinhead.music.uiuc.edu/~hkt/nm/02/lisp.html

No studies, tho.

kenny

--
http://tilton-technology.com
What?! You are a newbie and you haven't answered my: