Zebra Printing Language

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Thu Oct 23 14:17:27 EDT 2003

Twist Around asks...
> We have to use a zebra printer to print some specialty labels. I was
> wondering if anyone had used python to output text to these. I know
> they use the Zebra Printing Language and before we got into that i was
> wondering if there was already a module that did this. Any info would
> be greatly appreciated.

I print directly to the printer without using any specific module.
Depending on what you want to do, ZPL (or DPL or ... ) is fairly easy.  I'm
using one or another label printer in six or so different locations now and
have had no significant problems.  IIRC, the hardest problem I've run into
during an installation was getting Zope to talk to a windows shared printer.
It rather felt like a naming of cats issue...

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com