Problem building/using M2Crypto extension module

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at netmemetic.com
Fri Oct 3 11:30:35 EDT 2003

According to Carl Waldbieser <waldbie at attglobal.net>:
> That seems to have worked.  The .pyd is a little bigger.  I copied it into
> the site-packages/M2Crypto directory, and I can import M2Crypto now.  When I
> run the tests, I get:
>
> ................................................................EEEEEE

These are ok; the errors are in test_ssl_win.py, which says:

  Win32 version - requires Mark Hammond's Win32 extensions and openssl.exe
  on your PATH.

> So it looks like I'm not quite out of the woods yet, but these Python errors
> at least seem a little more comprehensible to me.  I am still not sure what
> was going on with the library.  Do you have any idea what I did wrong the
> first time, or was it just a lucky guess?

I can't tell, really. As I posted in another message, building for Python
2.3 on Windows works for me.

Anyways, looks like you're good to go.

Cheers.

--