Python 2.3.2 Compile problems on Solaris 7.

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Oct 10 18:46:35 EDT 2003

Jeremy Fincher wrote:

> This is the first real compilation error I've ever had with Python,
> and I don't know what to do from here.  Any help is appreciated :)

You should try to analyse the problem, taking one problem at a time.
To do so, you need to read the error message, and try to match it to
the source code you got. Then a solution may become apparent.

Looking at the first non-warning message:

Modules/socketmodule.c: In function `socket_inet_pton':
Modules/socketmodule.c:2972: error: `AF_INET6' undeclared (first use
in this function)Modules/socketmodule.c:2972: error: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only onceModules/socketmodule.c:2972: error:
for each function it appears in.)

What is line 2972 of socketmodule.c? In my copy, it reads

#ifndef ENABLE_IPV6
	if(af == AF_INET6) {
		PyErr_SetString(socket_error,
				"can't use AF_INET6, IPv6 is disabled");
		return NULL;
	}
#endif

So the error would go away if ENABLE_IPV6 was not defined. Does this
ring a bell?

Regards,
Martin