mail server

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Oct 1 10:49:21 EDT 2003

"Sam" <stardif10 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3F7A9059.9126CE17 at hotmail.com...
> Hello,
>
> I am playing with the nntplib module and would like to know a public
> server that I can connect to to get articles from comp.lang.python.
If
> you could give me the address of a public server that would be
great.

You are looking for a news server, not a mail server.
news.gmane.org does not require logon.
It is a mailing list to newsgroup converter/gateway.
Go there first with your browser.  I believe gmane.comp.python.general
is group you want.
(It is news version of general python mailing list which has
bidirectional gateway to comp.lang.python at python.org)
It also has news gateway for other python mailing lists like
pydev, pypy, etc.

Terry J. Reedy