Presentation software written in python

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Mon Oct 20 19:22:48 EDT 2003

Chris Stiles <chris at example.org> writes:

> I'll take a look - maybe i'll have to hack my own :-)

Depending on how many client machines are involved, I've done
presentations in the past where I just used VNC to have the client
machines monitor (read-only) the server where the presentation was
being run.  Then you can just use whatever presentation system you
prefer (PowerPoint, PDF, web browser), as well as detour into any
local execution of stuff and all the clients can follow along.

It won't scale tremendously well though, so I don't think you'd be
able to get an entire classroom set up this way.  I suppose you could
structure the VNC setup as a tree to spread out the monitoring load,
but then setup would get more tedious.

-- David