FTP access to starship.python.net?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Oct 1 11:21:58 EDT 2003

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:

> In article <7h3r81yz73b.fsf at pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk>,
> Michael Hudson  <mwh at python.net> wrote:
> >aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:

> >> Hmmmm.  I tried that, and I haven't been enlightened.
> >
> >well, then crew@ or webmaster@, I guess.
>
> Actually, I did end up finally getting a response; they initially
> ignored the message because it didn't come from the address listed in my
> .starship_info.

<fx:edits python.net:~mwh/.starship_info to contain a working
 email address>

> It's not clear to me whether <username>-starship at python.net is
> supposed to be automated.

I'm pretty sure it *was* automated at some point, but I don't know if
that survived either the transition from qmail to exim or the
transition from the US to Germany (and also Redhat to Debian).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  The proponent of the PEP shall be placed in a gladiatorial arena
  together with half a dozen hungry lions, and permitted to debate