2.3 on Debian Woody: doable?

Jan Dries Dries.Jan at skynet.be
Sun Oct 26 03:35:40 EST 2003

Rene Pijlman wrote:
> Matt Goodall:
> [Python 2.3 on Debian woody]
>
>>I know it's not really Woody but if you feel brave then Debian testing
>>is fantastic for Python.
>

> Thanks, but I'm developing for a customer with a production server running
> woody, so testing is not an option for me.
>
> Building 2.3 from source is ok, so I guess I'll do that. Just have to
> figure out how to get mod_python and such up and running.

If you want to build mod_python from source as well, you need to patch
it, at least the 3.0.3 version, to work with Python-2.3.2, as the latter
no longer defined LONG_LONG.

Add the following to src/include/mod_python.h

/* python 2.3 no longer defines LONG_LONG, it defines PY_LONG_LONG */
#ifndef LONG_LONG
#define LONG_LONG PY_LONG_LONG
#endif

Beyond this, a mere