getting MS Access table relationships with pythonWin?

cvchen member46064 at dbforums.com
Tue Oct 28 16:40:26 EST 2003

Hello,

    I'm implementing a data dictionary (catalogging system) that can be
    searched in several ways. I finished the first version without using
    any databases, I just had pickled dictionaries to store the data and
    I unpickled files as necessary to get at search results, that worked
    just fine for me.

    Problem is, my boss wants me to integrate the data into MS Access
    because my project will eventually become part of a larger project.
    So, I've got all my data in Access tables and have them linked
    through relationships; I've found a way to access data from Access
    .mdb files at this page: http://www.e-coli.net/pyado.html.

    However, there were no lessons included on how to get to the
    relationally linked tables of a certain recordset; googling and
    yahooing around hasn't turned up any good leads. Is anyone here
    knowledgeable about this? I need to get to the relationally linked
    tables because search queries would then move along alot faster than
    simple brute force search and sort techniques. If I've been unclear
    in anyway, please let me know. Thanks!

-Calvin