No Makefile for Demo/embed/missing libpython

Stefan stefan at fkp.uni-hannover.de
Tue Oct 21 09:32:36 EDT 2003

Hello,
I've embedded Python in bigger application on a Debian system.
Now I try to compile this application on Suse and find that the shared
library libpython.so is not available. So I want to use the archive
libpython.a and cannot figure out how to add this to my configure.in.

I thought I could learn it from the Demos supplied with Python, but
on Suse the Demo/embed directory has no Makefile; the original
source-distribution only contains a Makefile for RH which doesn't
work here.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Stefan