server side socket program hangs

anuradha.k.r at sify.com anuradha.k.r at sify.com
Fri Oct 10 01:02:03 EDT 2003

hi,
  was stuck with another work.now bac to python program.
i tried out using
PORT = socket.htons(9999)

it still doesn't work.here is the code.it still hangs.can some one
tell me what could be te problem?

#from socket import *
import socket
import sys

HOST = ''       #any address
PORT = socket.htons(9222)        #same port address as client

class Sock:
     def __init__ (self,parent):
          try:
               self.s = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM)