Accessing global namespace

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Mon Oct 6 20:36:52 EDT 2003

"Carl Banks" <imbosol at aerojockey.invalid> wrote in message
news:5gngb.30600$541.25337 at nwrdny02.gnilink.net...
> John Roth wrote:
> > Minor note here - because of the latest
> > spate of worms, etc,
>

> Worms--do you mean those annoying little programs that exist because
> people have casual attitudes about potentially exploitable programming
> flaws?

Casual? I'd say the persistant use of known insecure programming
languages like C and C++ for the foundations of our systems is
anything but casual. And the design of Windows to make it very
easy to execute unexamined and untrusted code was likewise anything
but casual. One is (arguably) criminal laziness on a lot of people's
parts, and the other was simple arrogance on the part of a known
monopolist.

John Roth

> (I's so sorry, I couldn't resist that--I'm done now--I promise.)

I can resist anything - but temptation.
Mark Twain