Alternatives to WebUnit

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 20 06:45:55 EDT 2003

Ian Bicking wrote:
> puffinhome.org is another Python web tester.  The
> author was quite gung-ho at one time, but I haven't heard much from it
> in a while.  It seems to be intended more for QA people, as opposed to
> programmer-written tests.

Puffin is not a bad little tool, and it's not too hard to get up to
speed with it for basic testing. However, there are two major flaws

1. It builds up a *huge* xml DOM to store its results. This rules it
out for anything other than simple tests: it *eats* memory.

2. There is hardly any documentation. Meaning that you have to wade
through the source to determine necessary details, e.g. whether it
supports HTTP 1.1 (IIRC it doesn't), etc.

regards,

--
alan kennedy