GIL in the new glossary

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Fri Oct 3 14:50:48 EDT 2003

John J. Lee wrote:

[snip]

> But doesn't Apache also have a multi-process mode?
>
> If not, why not use a different web server if this becomes a
> problem?

What about a Web server framework like Twisted, which claims to be
single threaded, but uses a deferring mechanism to give up control
(or perform other tasks?) during slow operations?  Is Twisted
depending upon the giving up control during I/O operations (using
the deferred mechanism) in order to make use of multiple
processors?

Does Twisted make good use of multiple processors?

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman