reasonably priced reporting solution

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 18:55:58 EDT 2003

In article <7x7k36f8zu.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>, Paul Rubin <http@?.cx>
writes
>Larry goodman <larry_Goodman at yahoo.com> writes:
>> >See http://www.reportlab.org for example.
>>
>> But this is free for only GPL apps right?  My app will be closed
>> source.  The only price i see there is 25,000 for their enterprise SDK
>> and that is way out of my range.
>
>According to their developers faq:
>
>   The ReportLab toolkit and most of our other Open Source tools are
>   available under the BSD license. This means that you can basically do
>   anything you want with it, including using it in a commercial package.
>
>So you should be ok.

That is indeed true! At Andy Robinson's command I copied the template
BSD license and tried to insert the relevant data in the right places.

Personally I prefer the ASL (Anarchist Software License)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=anarchist+software+license&hl=en&lr=&i
e=UTF-8&selm=igRpPUAi30U2Ewmt%40jessikat.demon.co.uk&rnum=1

but Andy differs as he's a bit more serious.
--
Robin Becker