Python syntax in Lisp and Scheme

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at firestorm.OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Oct 6 18:13:36 EDT 2003

David Rush <drush at aol.net> writes:

> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003, Raymond Wiker <Raymond.Wiker at fast.no> wrote:
> > Matthias <no at spam.pls> writes:
> >> (In certain cases macros) can easily be misused.
> >> You have to know if you want a sharp knife (which may hurt you when
> >> misused) or a less sharper one (where it takes more effort to cut
> >> with).
> >
> > It is easier to hurt yourself with a blunt knife than a sharp
> > one.
>
> Actually I've noticed that I usually cut myself when I *switch* from
> a dull knife to a sharp one.

I don't think the truism about cutting yourself with dull vs sharp
knives means to say anything about superficial cuts.  You don't lop
your finger off with a sharp knife, because you're handling it
carefully.  With a dull knife, your best bet is to put your weight
behind it; that's also a good way to lose a finger / dump core.

--
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |