import cx_Oracle

GrayGeek jkrepsBEAR at FISHneb.rr.com
Fri Oct 31 23:11:46 EST 2003

Bernard Delmée wrote:

>> It gives me an error about being unable to find the OCISetDefault entry
>> point in 'oci.dll'.
>
> cx_Oracle works on top of the regular oracle client, which you'll
> need to install before it works. The OCI libraries are part of that.

I have it installed, and have used it to create webpages using Oracle's
HTP.P function, and I also accessed tables on the Oracle9 server from JDev9
and from PLSQLDeveloper.   The oci.dll is in the Oracle Home/dll directory.
As my first post indicated, cx_Oracle is able to see oci.dll, it just can't
communicate with it properly.
???
--

-