PEP 289: Generator Expressions (please comment)

Inyeol Lee inyeol.lee at siimage.com
Wed Oct 29 14:26:42 EST 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 05:42:44AM -0700, Chris Perkins wrote:
> In fact, list comprehensions themselves become redundant syntactic
> sugar under the new proposal:
>
> [foo(x) for x in bar] ==> list(foo(x) for x in bar)

Is there any plan to deprecate list comprehension when we move to
Python3.0? I think the advantages are;

1. It's just a syntactic sugar, only saves 4 chars.

2. It solves loop variable leaking problem of list comprehension.
   I think it causes less confusion to remove list comprehension than
   to change the semantics of it not to leak loop variables when 3.0 comes.

3. We can