In need of c.l.p.discussion

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Oct 17 08:33:40 EDT 2003

In article <bmoeqq$5pn$0 at 216.39.172.122>, Bengt Richter <bokr at oz.net> wrote:
			.
>It strikes me that something could be done to make filtering more effective.
>Maybe adding a marker and/or a keyword line to particularly good posts. I.e.,
>those that explain something unusually well, or present something easy to miss
>in the docs, or report bug status and demonstrate the bug. Etc.
>
>[OT] in the subject line helps a little. Likewise [ANN] etc. (Is there
>an official
>collection of these?)
>
>Maybe someone with too much time can come up with a clpy-code rating for
>clpy posts,
>analogous to geek-code. Just kidding.
>
>But when a thread winds up with a "keeper" maybe we could mark it
>[keeper] some place?
>Keeping in mind googlability.
>
>What's a good keyword list to choose from to classify posts?
			.
			.
			.
Rather than answer any of your questions, I want to make it
explicit and as clear as possible that, when you (or anyone
else) spot(s) a particularly valuable post or thread, it is
a VERY good thing to send a note to that effect to
  python-url at phaseit.net
I assure you that that will help focus the attention of
thousands of fellow Pythoneers on that specific item.

these discussions.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net