can't import dl module

Steven D. Arnold stevena at neosynapse.net
Fri Oct 3 13:02:20 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm on Mac OS X 10.2.6, using Python 2.3final.  I would like to use the dl
module to get access to some system calls, in particular kvm_getprocs.
However, when I try to import dl at the Python command-line, it tells me it
couldn't find the module.

It would seem I have to do something special to get dl to build on my
machine.  Does anyone know what that would be?  Or is there some other
problem that prevents this from working?

Alternatively, does anyone know what else I could do to get at those calls?
Perhaps I could try SWIG, but that seems like a hassle compared to dl.

Thanks,
steve