Could a single web framework popularize Python?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Oct 10 07:39:30 EDT 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:18:37 GMT,
	Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:
> I think you're wrong, but I admit I'm guessing.  To me, particularly
> networking at OSCON, it seemed as if Parrot was generating lots of buzz.

Buzz, sure -- people are willing to *talk* about it, but people are willing
to talk and opine about anything.  When it comes to actually devoting coding
time to the project, however, people are much more conservative.

> to get inspiration from.  I've often seen PHP'ers moving to Python
> bemoan the fact that www.python.org isn't community-run and intense-
> community-involvement the way www.php.org is -- that seems as inevitable
> a complaint as Perlites-moving-to-Python's hankering for CPAN.

Did you mean PHP.net, not PHP.org?  PHP.org seems to be just a bunch of
forums; PHP.net has more content, but it's not clear how the site is more
community-oriented than python.org; are you referring to the annotatable
documentation, or to something else?

--amk