Why don't people like lisp?

Jon S. Anthony j-anthony at rcn.com
Fri Oct 24 12:10:55 EDT 2003

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk <qrczak at knm.org.pl> writes:

> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:35:05 -0400, Jon S. Anthony wrote:
>
> > The above example (with some differing details I think) is given by
> > Paul Graham in 2-3 pages of code in On Lisp in the Nondeterminism
> > chapter.
>
> In Scheme it doesn't use macros but continuations.

I pointed that out.  But it's irrelevant to the general capability and
point.

> impressed. If not, this is only a partially correct solution; a full
> solution requires continuations and it doesn't need macros.

The real point here is that even in Scheme where you have
continuations, the implementation here would make use of macros to
provide the natural expression of the intent.  It's just that the
macros would expand into stuff using continuations.

/Jon