Webware vs. PHP - performance comparision!!!

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Oct 6 14:06:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 05:22 AM, Richard Shea wrote:
> Last thing is just an instinctive thing can't really say why but those
> first three Python based techniques differ in time by less than 1% ...
> just seems a bit strange to me that they would all be quite so similar
> in speed.

It's actually likely that they would -- in this context both the
Cheetah template and the PSP page were being compiled into a Webware
servlet.  The resulting code should be very similar for the three --
the only difference might be that Cheetah has a bit more overhead for
variable access, but there's so little variable access that the
difference could be lost in the connection overhead.