Why don't people like lisp?

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Mon Oct 20 14:52:18 EDT 2003

Pascal Costanza <costanza at web.de> wrote previously:
|Wouldn't it be better if everyone could contribute to the evolution of a
|language, and then let the community decide what the best approaches are?

I can think of almost nothing worse than this!

Well, "design-by-committee" results like XSLT are even worse.  But the
"benevolent dictator" model is VASTLY better than the "let 1000 flowers
bloom" approach.

Incidentally, I have never seen--and expect never to see--some new
mysterious domain where Python is too limited because the designers did
not forsee the problem area.  Nor similarly with other very high level
languages.  It NEVER happens that you just cannot solve a problem
because of the lack of some novel syntax to do so... that's what
libraries are for.

Yours, Lulu...

--
Keeping medicines from the bloodstreams of the sick; food from the bellies
of the hungry; books from the hands of the uneducated; technology from the