Books to give to Readers

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Thu Oct 9 14:13:51 EDT 2003

I get a lot of books as an author/reviewer.  In fact, you can find my
reviews of most of these, easily enough.  The side effect is that my
shelves have a lot of books that I'm not realistically going to look at
anymore.

I would be very happy to send the below titles to anyone who will pay
for shipping (maybe a buck or two extra for my effort).  Most of these
are listed on TextbookX.com too (for little cost), but for a long time
without buyers.  Of course, some books I like better than others; I
kinda hate to get someone started on a book that isn't as good, even for
free... and most of them have at least some merit:

    Jython Essentials
    Jython for Java Programmers
    Python Manual Pages (Dossier Press, no ISBN)
    Python Library Reference (ditto)
    Python Miscellanea (ditto)
    XML Pocket Guide (x2)
    Python Pocket Reference (1st and 2nd ed)
    Python Programming on Win32
    Perl 5 Howto
    Python Programming Patterns
    Core Python Programming
    Web Programming in PYthon
    Visual Quickstart Guide Python
    The Quick Python Book
    The Zope Book
    Zope Web Application Development and Content Management
    Python and Tkinter
    GUI Programming with Python: Using the QT Toolkit
    Programming with Python
    Java Developer's Guid to Servlets and JSP
    MySQL (A! Press)
    MySQL: Building User Interfaces

Well, those are just the ones I can see from my chair (I throw in a
couple that are not Python).  I probably have a few more if I were to
walk to the next room :-).

Email me if interested.

Yours, David...

--
 mertz@  _/_/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: \_\_\_\_    n o
gnosis  _/_/             Postmodern Enterprises            \_\_