Can we use emPy, ReST, and/or YAML for report generation

Brad Clements bkc at Murkworks.com
Fri Oct 17 10:38:08 EDT 2003

I use FOP from Apache.org. Python pulls data from SAPDB and I write it out
as XML. FOP makes it into a PDF

Nice thing is, the same XML data creates my web pages using client-side XSLT
or server-side xlst (with zope). I also use the same xml to make customer
invoices (through FOP) .

We originally used ReportLab to make PDF reports, but every new report
required a lot of tedious programming in Python. ReportLab produces good
output, but FOP gave us more flexability.

I bet RXML would be good, but that didn't exist when we moved to FOP.

--
Novell DeveloperNet Sysop #5

_
news:ffd90607.0310160431.5fefb027 at posting.google.com...