approx 100 assorted computer/ math/other books

Roedy Green roedy at seewebsite.com
Wed Oct 22 19:40:45 EDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:52:03 +0100, Mark McIntyre
<markmcintyre at spamcop.net> wrote or quoted :

>>The blast is against those who complain about top posting. Top posting
>>is GOOD on one respect.
>
>Its evil. Period.

I disagree. I would say it is very rare that I actually read rather
than skip over quoted material.  It is just a nuisance.  If people get
to the point right away they save me time.  If I need to refresh
myself on  the quoted material I can look it up myself. If they put
all the quoted junk at the end, at least is easier to ignore.

I think it is a superior system, but I don't use it myself because it
gets people too angry.  Perhaps a compromise would be to simply label
a top post with something like "quotes follow" or "top posted" to let
you know where to find context if you need it.

Who gets annoyed by what may have to do with the features of
newsreader .  Agent does not have a single key "jump to the meat" and
my hand is on the mouse during most reading. There is no quick page
down by mouse. I have to spin the scroll wheel to get to the point.  I
also have to drag the mouse from the button panel where it is usually
parked to a different region of the screen to scroll.

Agent also puts those cutsie "X twirled his moustache spun around
three times and uttered ..." things in the same font as meat.  I get
quite annoyed reading some of those convoluted headers to discover
they are just someone being cute.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.