small, fast and cross-platform flat-file database for python

Brian Kelley bkelley at wi.mit.edu
Mon Nov 24 12:23:41 EST 2003

Tom Wilkason wrote:

> Have you looked at metakit ( http://www.equi4.com/metakit/python.html ), it
> meets requirements 1-4 on your list above.
And best of all there is an sql binding:
  http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/mksqlintro.html

There is a learning curve to using metakit at full strength, I have been
trying to update the documentation, a preview is available here:

http://jura.wi.mit.edu/people/kelley/tutorial/python.html

I have successfully used metakit in a fairly large application and
couldn't be happier with the results.  The best thing about metakit is
that you can view millions of records in a nice view with ease:

See KitViewer here

http://jura.wi.mit.edu/people/kelley/

You can try out the binary and load in a csv file to play around.