small, fast and cross-platform flat-file database for python

Eric Baker google.com.112139 at satilla.com
Fri Nov 21 13:23:00 EST 2003

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3FBE4940.BD960E76 at engcorp.com...
> mir nazim wrote:
> >
> > i want to know if there is any flat-file relational database system
>                                  ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I'm no database expert, but aren't these two terms contradictory in
> some important way?
>
> -Peter

Depends what your definition if the word "is" is :)

In my early perl days, i used a simple text file based SQL "database".
http://search.cpan.org/~shgun/Sprite-3.21/Sprite.pm

Now with Python, i would probably use SQLite, which isnt exactly a "flat
text file", but still a nice lightweight database for *nix and win32 IMHO.
http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/

Eric