QUESTION ABOUT PYTHON

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 02:18:04 EST 2003

MAJED ASSAF wrote:

> hello There
> Please I need help !! I don't know why my command prompt won't change to
> python even if I set the path it stays like the following Microsoft
> Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Owner> it won't change it stays on the document
> and settings

The PATH determines where program are looked for, it does not run
them automatically.

So, at that command prompt, you need to enter the command

python

followed by hitting the Enter key, and THAT will give you a Python
interpreter prompt if you have your PATH set right.  Alternatively,

\python23\python

will work no matter how your PATH is set, as long as you have a
standard installation of Python 2.3 (which you should).

Alex