ANN: ruleCore - The event pattern detector engine

GrayGeek jkrepsBEAR at FISHneb.rr.com
Wed Nov 12 17:57:16 EST 2003

Marco wrote:

> Yes, I can imagine that there are lots of events in an industrial
> process control setup. I suppose all these events could be fed into
> ruleCore and there it could detect all kinds of interesting patterns of
> events that should be reacted to.
>
> I didn't understand much of the ladder, but it seems to be some kind of
> tool for event correlation just as ruleCore is.

Most industrial process controllers come with a software/hardware modeling
tool that uses the IEC 1131-3 language.  Once you get the model working
(using Ladder, for instance) you can then burn the software that the Ladder
generates into the control EPROM.
--

-
GrayGeek