Regular expression code implementation review between Tcl vs Python

David Gravereaux davygrvy at pobox.com
Wed Nov 12 00:42:45 EST 2003

Google_Post at slink-software.com (K_Lee) wrote:

>I guess the TCL original goal was also to support
>Win16, DOS, etc.

No it wasn't.  Given whatever core an extension is loaded into, the
extension grabs the function table from the core it is loaded into.

Say for example I build all of Tcl statically into my application (kinda
dumb, but let's just say).  If I try to load an extension into it, where is
it supposed to get the Tcl functions it needs?  Do you see the issue Stubs
solves?

PS. try that setup with BLT and see why Stubs is a life saver for those in
the know.
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy at pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]