Request for simple a customisable Python editor

stephenlee at exe-coll.ac.uk stephenlee at exe-coll.ac.uk
Fri Nov 7 06:43:54 EST 2003

I want to develop a simple Python program to edit source code that is
persisted in a database (memo fields).
The code to be edited is iHTML and SQL and I want syntax colouring and good
basic features including tabs for multiple 'files' and searching.
It will be a Win32 deployment.

My question is can anyone recommend a good Python editor program that I can
use as a starting point for customisation?
I'd like to base it on Scintilla and wxPython (though I really want the
easiest/fastest solution). Or does something already exist?
I prefer to keep it simple and focused on our requirements so an full
python IDE is probably not a good starting point. :)
The requirements are bound to grow so a good architecture is important.
Obviously I'll need source to add the required DB connectivity.

So far I have Dave Kuhlman's wxEditor and Patrick O'Brien's Py family
shortlisted.

Cheers

Steve Lee
This mail has been scanned by Nortons Anti Virus Version 8 for Lotus Notes