True inconsistency in Python

Ron Adam radam2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Nov 18 20:46:00 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:50:49 -0500, "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu>
wrote:

>[Prohibiting this scenario (import module and mask builtins there in)
>has been suggested.  I believe it was once approved and is still under
>consideration but the change has the problem that there seem to be
>legitimate uses.]

It might conflict with existing programs that assign 'True = 1' and
'False = 0',    I can see where that  could be a very common
occurrence for people who are new to Python.   And once they learn
about the True and False values,  they may not go back and change the
older programs.  ie... if it'n not broke don't fix it.  In other
words,  they leave them as is and move on to the next project.

_Ronald Adam