logging.shutdown() ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Fri Nov 14 03:19:26 EST 2003

j vickroy wrote:

> As a follow-up question, why is a handle object not removed from
> logging._handlers when its (i.e., handle) close() procedure is applied?
>
> That behavior appears to be responsible for the logging.shutdown()
> failure.

Seems that the author did not consider the use case of consecutively using
different handlers operating on the same file set - I've not yet made up my
mind, if you are misusing the logging system or if that's a bug.

Anyway, as of 2.3.2 the package has still __status__ = "beta", so patches
might be welcome.

Peter