cgi module doesn't process query string values with POST, old bug report

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Nov 10 17:10:03 EST 2003

Irmen de Jong <irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl> writes:

> I've got a nuisance with the cgi module. (Python 2.3.2)
> When processing a HTTP POST request, it ignores the
> query string parameters that may also be present.
[...]

I've forwarded this to the web-sig list, where discussions about this
issue have been taking place.  The discussions have mostly been about
adding a new module (mostly to decouple web frameworks from the
facilities that web hosting providers offer), but I don't see why the
old cgi module shouldn't be dealt with at the same time.