First Impressions of Linux GUI Programming

R.Marquez ny_r_marquez at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 15:51:43 EST 2003

> > Now, if I could only figure out a way to interact with my utility from
> > Konqueror or Nautilus, as the "Send to" feature of Windows Explorer
> > allows, I will be even happier. ;)
>
> Under Konqueror go under settings. You can map your file associations,
> and have multiple associations for a file type. Type in "py" as file type.

Stephen,
What I mean is that, in Windows Explorer, I am able to select a few
arbitrary files and/or directories, right click on them and send them
to an app as parameters.  That way, the app could perform a certain
job on each one of the selected files.  I've now heard that I'll have
to wait until KDE 3.2 comes out to be able to do this, since it will
allow one to define custom context menu
entries.  I just hope that I will be able to easily write them through
Python. (I wonder if GNOME will have something similar.)