syntax philosophy

Carl D Cravens raven at phoenyx.net
Wed Nov 19 18:06:05 EST 2003

I just started learning Python over the weekend, and I have to say that it
was very frustrating at first.  This thread came at just the right time,
and it's been very enlightening.  Understanding Python's approach has
helped me accept and appreciate why it does things the way it does.

I was originally a C advocate, lured to Perl by the rapid
development... I'm a Unix sysadmin and Perl was perfect for me.  But as I
look at doing larger projects, I find Perl's modules, scoping and OO to be
esoteric.  Python looks like just the ticket.

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven at phoenyx.net)
I'm not lost, I'm "locationally challenged".